Location: United States
Full Job Description
A pioneer in K–12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
Amplify is seeking a Proofreader to review an array of print and digital materials for accurate grammar, spelling, punctuation, and branding. Summer is always an exciting time at Amplify, as we’re putting the finishing touches on our products for back-to-school, and we need an extra set of eyes on our materials before they go out the door. As our primary audience is educators, it’s important that your red pen catches mistakes that most people would gloss over. You will work with our documentation team to review assessment materials, how-to guides, online help, and anything else our product teams assemble for the teachers and administrators using mCLASS assessment and reporting. Most of the work will be done electronically on Google suite or Adobe Acrobat platforms, but you should be able to show us those old-school proofreading marks on the rare occasions when you’re working on printed documents.
- Reviewing digital content for accurate grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Proofreading student and teacher materials in print, on websites, and on mobile devices
- Checking graphic elements for placement, accuracy, and correspondence to surrounding text
- Ensuring accurate branding, trademarking, and in-house style (Associated Press, APA)
- Discussing recommended corrections with technical writers, developers, and product managers
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- At least one year’s professional proofreading experience
- Proficient proofreading skills (test is administered)
- Attention to detail and dedicated to producing quality product with a respect for deadlines
- Adept at proofreading both digital files and printed materials
- Experience with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and Adobe Acrobat is required; other computer experience a plus
This is a remote part-time (29 hrs./week) temporary position; the project duration is approximately 4 months.